None of us are perfect and thankfully it’s the time of the year giving us a chance to start anew. So, taking in the spirit of one of Tom Peter’s quotes “When a window of opportunity opens you don’t pull down the shade” we have set out to follow these simple skincare rules, which we all know we should, but still fall short of sometimes.
Let us know in the comments below your feedback and suggestions or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wishing you a very Happy New Year and a glowy 2019 from the Care & Class team!
1. Wearing SPF daily: Did you know that a 90 percent of skin aging is caused by the sun?
Here’s a statement published in skincare.org “While ultraviolet B (UVB) rays, the main cause of sunburn, are the strongest in the summer, ultraviolet A (UVA) rays remain constant throughout the year. UVA rays account for up to 95 percent of the UV radiation reaching the Earth’s surface. Although they are less intense than UVB, UVA rays are 30 to 50 times more prevalent, and go through glass, making sun protection necessary indoors as well as out.”
According to dermatologists, the UVA component of the UV rays is the one responsible for skin aging. So fixing SPF in your morning routine all year round would be a great step to protect your skin. Which brings us to another resolution for Care & Class this year, to curate a grease-free, light weight, broad spectrum sunscreen that makes you want to apply every day or even reapply. Watch out for it in 2019!
2. Not touching your face and being gentle on skin: Yes, we are all guilty of doing both. To quote a post published in the Huffington Dr Shamban said that "Bacteria, viruses and allergens transfer from fingertips onto the skin. Also, repeatedly rubbing the skin can do some real damage. If you are acne-prone, absolutely face-touching can lead to breakouts. Rather than the word ‘cause,’ however, think 'trigger.' Acne is caused by the confluence three factors: excess oil, excess skin shedding and p. acnes bacteria".
For someone who’s already suffering from acne, we’ve all been taught that picking at our pimples can exacerbate the situation. Let us knock out one cause for acne this year, no touching, tugging and pulling in 2019.
3. Build a skincare routine and follow it: If you don’t have a skincare routine now find one in 2019 that works for you. Follow here to check out our regimen kits broadly covering all skin types and concerns to find your match.
The time a product takes to start showing it effect on your skin can be anywhere between 3 days to 3 weeks. Give it that time to adapt to your skin and take you to the rewarding part, the results!
4. Take off your makeup immediately before you start feeling lazy: Yes, the golden rule should be taking off your makeup with the same urgency you take off your shoes when you reach home. Because your skin needs to feel comfortable too. And then follow with your usual skincare routine. Delayed gratification of tucking yourself in your bed after that will definitely make your skin thank you.
5. Exfoliation: We all know that we need to exfoliate atleast once a week, right? But how many of us follow this rule? Healthy skin renews itself every 27 days, but if it’s going through any condition like acne or excess dryness the natural process collapses. This year let us give our skin a hand in shedding itself once in a while. The Be the skin face polisher, is extremely gentle on the skin and exfoliates while it nourishes. Once into the habit of regular exfoliation you might be able to eliminate the nasty bumps and black/white heads for good.
6. Sheet mask atleast once a week: We’ve tried it, and this certainly works. It will add that extra boost in your entire routine and fill any gaps that you’ve missed and rescue the steps you’ve skipped, because your skin needs it. Choose from our mask collection, firming, radiance, anti-blemish or the all-time favourite Cremorlab Herb Tea Mask. It will leave your face drenched in serums and treatments, perfect weekly treatment, pushing the need of an imminent facial appointment away.
7. Keeping everything sanitized: The pillow we sleep on, the towels we use, the brushes and makeup tools, everything that touches your face so often needs to clean and sanitized always. It involves removal of leftover makeup, oil residue, other bacteria and viruses.
“Buildup of dirt and oils on your makeup brushes can cause acne breakouts and possibly rashes called dermatitis” warns Cristina Monaco Certified Physician Assistant of Schweiger Dermatology Group.
This was the list of rules we are swearing to live by in the upcoming 2019. Did we miss something out? Let us know in the comments below what your skincare resolution for 2019 is, we are open to edits!
To starting to care more,
Team Care & Class